1. I can’t wait to take my brother and sister to get some Cold Stone Ice Cream, because it’s their favorite and my Mom doesn’t take them often enough. Oh, and because it makes them think I’m the best big sister in the whole wide world.
2. I can’t wait to have some Cuban food and a proper mojito (have yet to find a place in Lebanon that makes a mojito how I know and like it!). Even if we have to order in from Casa Romeu (lol Mom) and even if I have to make the mojito myself!
3. I can’t wait to watch my Grandmother make me some Trinidadian food, talk to her and my Grandfather about the past nine months, and listen to their sweet “singy songy” Trinidadian accents..
4. I can’t wait to take a drive down to South Beach for a beach day with my best friends..take a walk on Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road, and maybe even take an Art Deco walking tour to learn more about Miami’s Art Deco Buildings (can’t believe I’ve never done that!)..and ohh, go for caipirinhas and sushi, at our favorite South Beach restaurant – Sushi Samba Dromo..
aaaand if things get really crazy (I can’t wait to see if they do!), then we might even hit up Liv at the Fontainebleau,,
5. I can’t wait to go for a picnic with my Dad at Vizcaya Gardens..
6. I can’t wait to go for a spa/pool/relaxation day with my Mom at the Standard Hotel in Miami Beach.
7. I can’t wait to go for a stroll in the Design District with my family..many of them have yet to see it..and it’s such an amazing place!!.. full of boutique stores, art galleries, incredible architecture, and charming cafes..
8. I can’t wait to take a drive into downtown Miami at night, while marveling at the Miami skyline..before having an amazing night on the town..Segafredo, Blue Martini, River Lounge..here I commmee!
9. I can’t wait to go to the Adrienne Arsht Performing Arts Center to see Pandemonium, a performance from the creators of STOMP!
10. I can’t wait to (and I know my Mom isn’t going to believe this one) take a boat ride through the Everglades! I haven’t done that since I was about 10!
But most of all, I just can’t wait to be back home!
Wish me a safe flight!