I learned a lot this weekend.
1. The popular American chain, Cheesecake Factory, is coming to Hamra..(right across from Napoletana)..While I love Cheesecake Factory, I wish they would quit with the restaurants and bring Barnes and Noble instead..!!
2. Radio shack sells some pretty interesting gadgets..like Ipod players that look like possessed pigs, and telephones in the shape of silicone injected lips and stilettos.
3. Not only is the gelato and coffee at Franco Gelato and Caffee absolutely superb..but they also house a permanent exhibition of fascinating photos, all taken by local photographers..
4. Hamra street NEEDS to be turned into a pedestrian only zone! It was wonderful being able to walk freely, up and down the street during the Arabic Language Festival..sans speeding cards and incessant honking!!
5. Not only was June 26 the Day of the Arabic Language Festival, as well as blog in Arabic day..it was also World Drug Awareness Day..
6. I really love Nadine Feghaly’s work! Would even like to buy some to adorn the walls of my new apartment! This is a piece of hers at the Arabic Language Festival..
7. Amethyste Lounge has a wickedly delicious lychee and rose water martini,,and you can watch the World Cup while chillin’ poolside..
8. Mondo Restaurant, also at the Phoenicia Hotel, has umm, funky metallic Eggplant menus (why?!)..Be aware, that if you plan on going to watch a World Cup Match (like I did) there is a $25 minimum charge per person (which management kindly waved for us, as we had just eaten at Amethyste ;))
9. Classic Burger needs a copywriter..there is something very very different between TIDBITS and TITBITS..#justsayin Their burgers are delicious though,,try the BBQ bacon burger…
10. They sell Magnum Shishas and little birdies on the side of the road in Dahye…
Have you ever seen them this size before?
awww the widdle birdiesss.
yup,,that’s all folks!