So, I was standing next to DHL in Downtown waiting for a friend to come and meet me, when I spotted a DHL delivery man approaching me on this baby..
Aaaand..it made me giggle..
You see, the thing is..women in the States, find men in uniform,,(policemen, lifeguards, firemen (especialllllly firemen), deliverymen, military officers, and mailmen)..well..rather hot.
Don’t believe me? Check this out..
I present to you, the “I love men in uniform” facebook page!
and for all of you Naruto lovers, the “Alternate Universe fanfiction writer” competition! Designed to see if you really have it in you to create a universe outside of the one created by Kishimoto-sama, and in which Naruto wears a uniform!! (Enter the competition by clicking here.)
and the South Florida annual firefighter calendar! (ok, to be fair..the money does go to charity..)
and finally, the “I love men in uniform” paraphernalia website!!
(You can get this baby here!)
Now do you believe me?
According to an article titled “Why Do Women Find Men In Uniform So Attractive,”
- A man in a uniform knows how to look after himself. (Who wants to be some guy’s mother?)
- A man in a uniform knows how to bathe, shave, and dress himself (I’m not saying the rest of you don’t . . .).
- A dress uniform is flattering to the male figure (Ooh-YAH!).
- A military officer is a gentleman (or at least has really good tablemanners).
- The whole demeanor of a man in dress blues, or whites, or whatever is confident and dependable is very Sexy.
- Since a man in uniform knows all about responsibility and duty, he could well be counted on to take out the garbage. Theoretically, at least.
- Any military unit that has had to serve in a combat zone anywhere in the world (yep–even in Norn Irn) comes back changed. These men (if not too deeply disturbed by their experiences) know the value of a sunset. Or a sunrise.
- Other uniforms, not just military, work just as well, if the training behind the spit and polish is as extensive. Who is more welcome at an accident scene that a paramedic or a fireman? Women know that they will be rescued by these substitutions for knights in shining armor.
Something tells me that Lebanese men who work as policemen, lifeguards, firemen, deliverymen, military officers, and mailmen don’t get the same type of female attention as American men who hold the same exact occupation..poor Lebanese uniform wearing men..I feel for you.
What do you think? Are men in uniform hot?